How I helped my learners for speaking English.

                      


                     
 How I helped my learners for speaking English.

  Beginning my career as a spoken English faculty was a stumbling block at varied stages. There were inhibitions to speaking English by my learners. They were obstinate, fearful, hesitant and lack of openness and much more. Consequently, either I or they were depressed. Nothing was ready to change on my part and their side. So, I applied varied techniques and methods to bring the outcomes.

Giving lots of material and advice still worked nothing for me. Then, I shared my earlier learning with them in a candid and frank way. They paid attention to me and took serious note of that. How I failed in the early stage of my learning English and faced stage fear. Day by day it set normal among me and my learners.

Importantly, I initially neglected their mistakes and errors. Slowly and gradually, I won their hearts and made the rule of speaking English compulsory. That prepared them to be ready for it and slowly removed their fear. Stubbornness and hesitation were erased as they were put into speaking practice and writing a bit.

Further, I changed my strategies of speaking English such as speaking slowly, using simple words, small sentences and familiar topics. It changed my speaking style and they started getting me slowly. Similarly, they took it and developed their styles. As a result, they shared their speaking and learning styles. In that way, they were ready to change themselves for their ventures. In this way, I helped my learners for speaking English.

The learning happened on both sides. It was without any disruptions for all of us. Dear friends, if you have any such experience, you can share it with me. By the way, your ideas and suggestions would be most welcomed and appreciated.     


By Haridas Patil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.