A fact

 A fact

At fruit stall, I stood and asked for the price. The fruit vendor told a fact of today’s science after knowing me as a teacher. I got shocked by his observation and evaluation. He mentioned that the science had made us lethargy, best liar and pretender. I asked him why he said it. Then he looked at me with doubtful.

He said that it forced us to lie whenever the person spoke on the mobile. He used to reply the caller, 

“I am outside of the city. So don’t call me until I get back.” 

Though he was in the city but used to speak a lie. The vendor referred to another example. The students were showing a pretension of attending the Zoom or Google meet classes. They were just on it, and they were either sleeping or watching television. They took freedom of the teachers who muted them after seeing their scribbling activities on the screen or listening unnecessarily the noise from their side. He again forwarded the example of advertising of WhiteHat Junior. He raised the doubt over its guarantee of making each child career-oriented at the age of six. Other false promises were given by it. 

 Then he told me that science couldn’t replace the concept of ‘Gurukul System of old India’. He differentiated that the Gurukul system had made us character-oriented, real human and much more. On the other hand, the science had made us liar, lethargy, pretender, doubtful and much more. 

In the end, he asked me which one the best was. I was dumb and deaf before his short preaching. 

Thinking over his insight and prudential nature, I left him without bargain for the fruits. 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.