Transformed the heart


On Wednesday morning during this winter season, I saw a beggar standing, who was in front of restaurant ,near my school before reaching the school. At a time I felt very sad and I came at parking. As soon as I parked my vehicle there, I called the head boy of the school. He rushed towards me and asked what the matter was. I shared the story of that beggar who was there and nobody was paying attention to his need. So I felt pity for him and handed 100 rupees note to him, telling him that he would offer a cup of tea and breakfast to him by paying money to the hotelwala.    
         Then I went directly to the staff room. By that time he returned and said that he handed the rupees to him. I got angry with him and shot lots questions.
               “Why did you give him 100 rupees note instead of offering tea and breakfast?”
 He replied me that I had said that to him and he did. Again I asked him,
 “Did you think that he will take tea and breakfast? “
He was unsure of that. I was totally angry and thinking of my 100 rupees note. At a time I was telling myself that the head boy should have brought remaining amount by offering the tea and breakfast. He was also disappointed over the incident. He started accusing himself about misunderstanding the message. We both didn’t pay attention to the happiness of that beggar, but the hundred rupees.
          After school assembly finished, I felt internally that whatever happened was really good. I began asking myself about the importance of generosity and kindness. I went to the head boy and shared my feeling that we both did great work. He also nodded and thanked me. We both transformed our hearts due to that beggar. By that time I was out of  100 rupees notes attachment and felt relieved. This way transformation took place in both of us.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.