De clutter the mind !



                                               De clutter the mind !!!
                                                           As 2nd Oct was coming near and school was gearing up for various programme in name of Gandhi Jayanti celebration. Exactly before 2nd Oct , I went to 9th class as my regular period. At that moment , I got a flash of an idea and decided to do an activity. It was ‘De clutter the mind’. It was based on the principles of Mahatma Gandhi. So I took a chance of that moment and introduced it in front of the class.
          At first I exclaimed that whatever they had ill thought or negative feeling about someone. It might be father, mother , friend and any of them. Even if they insulted any of them or hurt their feeling. They had to come forward  and shared their feeling . Ultimately they had to acknowledge that they were wrong or at fault. But at that time , they were gazing at one other. They came top realize that they should have courage to expose what they had feeling. Once again I motivated them by telling that they did not need to carry the mental burden or heavy heart. That day they had to get rid of such agony. By that way they would have the possibility of becoming a good student , son or daughter. It was a fresh and new onset.
                             The whole class was stuck and looked at one another face. As if something happened suddenly. Everyone thought of escaping it  and somebody would take an initiative of coming forward. Simultaneously I shared my story of  how I kept ill thought  about  my father and always blamed him for my own life. And I shared my feeling with him as well as others. That way I got rid of mental pain. That day brought new possibility of becoming a good son and close friend to my father. It was just to express truth. We knew that as Gandhiji said whole life to speak truth.
                                                                           Then I changed my strategy of that activity because none was ready to take an initiative. Instead of coming forward , they had to note down their feeling in a paper and supposed to submit to me. As soon as I stated that, they all started to write in a such way that they forgot themselves for a moment. And I observed the change on their face. I noticed that some of them became emotional and tear in their eyes. After that , some of them were ready to come forward and share what they had written. Slowly and gradually one of them expressed that he was always ill feeling about neighbour and wanted to excuse. Even he courageously accepted his feeling and mistake. When he went to his seat , at that time he disclosed that he felt a relief and removed a stone of guilt.
                                   As he finished , next moment one of girls asked me that she liked to expose her feeling about she kept negative view on mother. Still then she had view that her mother was always paying attention to her younger brother and not tended of her. But she got realization at that moment that it was her mistake. Even it was miracle that she acknowledged about her mother’s caring nature. She exclaimed to sorry. Definitely she had a light heart. That activity changed an outlook of all. Within a short time they became courageous and grown up. By that time the bell rang and I left the class   gorgeously.
                      That incident passed, but it left an everlasting impact on my mind and the students’. They changed their behaviour  toward others. They became a little bit mature. They also became thoughtful. They had self realization of own nature. Then  they informed that they liked the activity of ‘De clutter the mind’. In the end , they understood that they were very lucky to have good education, parents and teachers etc.They took a vow that they had to do something different in their lives. Truly  we all celebrated Gandhi Jayanti and not just remembered but also applied his principles. Salute to his all principles!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.