Problem solving assessment for my students.

                                         Today I took P. S. A. exam in 9th and had an amazing outcome. At first, I gave some instructions regarding it. Then I asked them to keep a rough page for solving the problems. Firstly they thought that it was easy and simple , but they were having doubt about it. As soon as they started writing the answer , they realised to be tough and hard to solve it. I observed that they were thinking out of box and imagining about the possibility of the solution. Little bit i was happy and contented. But it was ended as soon as they asked several questions. I found to reply them very hard and unable to explain them. At that time i understood that not only the students were required that type of exam but also the teachers were to be supposed to go through it. At least they would come to know the level of their thinking and applying it.
                                    Secondly, i was suggested that such exam would be taken regularly. And it was given by the learners of that class. It meant that they came to that level where they became the part of teaching and learning.They were talking that they needed such things so that they would cultivate their inherent skills.Sometime it is advisable that the teacher should take advise from the students. Then the rapport with the learners would be increased. Even some of my learners pointed out about P.S.A. exam in their own way. Kruti Saliya , who is student of 9A exclaimed , " I like PSA exam very much because of this exam the students can develop their IQ." Simultaneously Keshavi Khokhani reacted , " The exam is full based on logical question." " the questions were very twisted and difficult," said by Akshar Kevadiya.
                                             From today's experience, I got realisation that the learners like to have some challenging as well as competitive task for their brain. They think that they like to have a joy in their school life so that they can apply this experience in their real life. So I think that I have to prepare such activities for my learners in order to enhance their inherent skills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.