Cosmic efforts by Cosmo Foundation


On the first Monday of the month ‘June’, I already kept planning to visit to Cosmo Foundation. It runs by Cosmo Films Pvt Ltd under the leadership of Mrs. Mamta Ma’am. So I got up early morning and became ready by 5 o clock. Then I reached at Udhana station and travelled in the Gujarat Queen up to Karjan. It was quite rush in the bogie and somehow got a seat with pleading to co-passenger.
   As soon as the train arrived at Bharuch, I sent message to concerned person. He too replied me and assured that the auto would be arranged at Karjan junction at 8.30. I reached at Karjan station by 7.45 and hopefully stood at the junction. Meanwhile I contacted the autowala, told me that he would be there within half an hour. I didn’t have anything except waiting for him. At last the fellow, who was autowala, with smiling face and fat body turned up there and rang me. In fact I saw him while he was ringing and waving at me. Then he started driving his auto. By and large the sun rose clearly in the sky and started pouring the fire upon the earth. The poor and innocent people were trying to save themselves from the scorching sun.
While the driver was driving, I observed around. Initially he asked me about name and profession. By that time we were near the village ‘Choranda’, where I was supposed to visit. All of sudden I saw a man sitting on the tree and quite busy talking on the mobile. I was surprised to see him and thought that perhaps he would get engaged recently or have first love. Indeed it was very beautiful scene of the day. Within five minute, the auto driver dropped me at Choranda village. He even guided me where I was supposed to go. I saw the Madrassa where the Cosmo Foundation kept running the learning programme for the poor children. It was on the second floor and there the Madrassa was run. The Maulana was teaching very systematically the children with group wise. I liked that much. By that moment the faculties of the foundation welcomed and introduced me everything. There were probably around 20 students with age group of 6 to 9 years. The faculties’ Sonal ben, Hema ben, and Shabana ben were teaching them. At that time I was given that class and they also took seat with the students. They were quite enthusiastic and curious to learn something from my side.
       Slowly I introduced a small action game. At first demonstrating, they took part. They became happy as well as excited. After that I asked them to introduce their friends along with themselves. So they began telling their name and friends’. It was somewhat mechanical, but they could practice and take it out side. As soon as it was finished, they asked for more game and were excited to learn. So I brought the confidence game ‘Sagadi Sagadi sapapa’. They increased the confidence and enjoyed it. At 10 o clock, it was time for their leaving. They left the class with smiling face. Some of them invited me to come at their home for lunch. It was some students who kept the Roza on that day.  However they were regular and ready to learn some skills. They said goodbye and were out of the sight. Even I was little bit tired, but I didn’t show it.
Then I had a small meeting with the faculties and discussed several issues. It was regarding to the learner’s ability, understanding, and the mindset of the parents. They also told me that they enjoyed that day’s session. Further they candidly expressed to enhance their skill. I assured all of them about helping and guiding. After the meeting, I had a cup of tea at the village junction after the auto driver had come to receive me.
Later on he took me at the office of Cosmo Foundation and met Mrs.Nalini Tadvi who was in charge of the arrangement the interview and reporting department. There I filled the form and had light conversation with her. By that time she got the message that I would finally meet to Mrs. Mamta ma’am and Mr.Pravin sir after taking lunch. Then the lunch followed and had short meeting with them. They beautifully explained me about the work of the Cosmo foundation. In my view, they were seen as real catalyst of the society. I also shared my observation and future plan with them before taking their permission.
As soon as coming out, saw the auto and took the seat. At 3 o clock I reached the railway station with thinking of the foundation which immensely kept working hard for the surrounding villages. Hopefully there were outcome too and ignited the fire in the people. In order to bring the change in these people, the faculties did burning the night. Sometime such work was unseen, unheard, and ignored by the media and political parties. But the villagers always applauded it. While my mind lingering over this, heard the announcement that the train was about to arrive on the platform.
I thanked the Almighty to provide such things where I felt not only satisfied, but also excited to work more and more for the elevation of the people.    
                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.