I walked to school after a long time



 I walked to school after a long time

By Haridas Patil

     Today, I walked to school,

Saw it after a long time.

At first happy and pleased,

But my classroom looked changed

And unknown.

Nothing written, notice board

Was unwritten, no thought and

Not chart hanged over there.

The walls became isolated,

And didn’t recognise me.

My bench even where I used to sit,

Today behaved with me queerly and arrogantly.

I tried to console it,

But it asked several questions.

About my isolation, our friendship, new attachment of technology

And studies.

I stood silent,

Listened to it like a true friend.

Because we became unknown and unfamiliar with each other,

After a long time, realised how much love it had for me.


 By Haridas Patil

(Blogger, Educator and Trainer)

Comments

  1. All the teachers are in same boat. Hopefully we will overcome this situation soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.