Children and their childhood are not related to age but mindset.

 Children and their childhood are not related to age but mindset.

Yesterday I was in the first standard for teaching spoken English. As I saw 65 students sitting in the class, got puzzled over what to teach and how to control them, but I quickly and firmly decided to teach them practical English.  And it was related to their daily routine and body parts.  After that, I started to crack jokes before them. Slowly and gradually, I controlled their roaming in the class. They were ready to pay attention to me. They liked my sense of humour and speaking style. I became glad and satisfied after the period.

Interestingly, I found many good things in the children and was surprised by their participation. I just noted down the points which I observed.

-       They had lots of questions for me.

-       They were ready to make lots of mistakes without any hesitation.

-       They had lots of laughs while learning English.

-       They were lots of happy with their participation.

-       They had lots of imagination.

-       They had lots of enthusiasm.

-        They had lots of presence of mind over learning.

-       They had lots of physical activities.

-       They had lots of joy and smiles.

-       They had lots of talkative with one another.

-       They were very grateful to me while learning.

-       They had lots of dreams.

-       They laughed innocently.

-       They had lots of much more things to offer me.

As soon as I jotted down and recited myself through the above list, I realized that the children and their childhood are not related to age, but it is a matter of mindset. Happily, I went home with positive learning.

By Haridas Patil

(Blogger, Educator and Trainer)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.