The Gurus of Navapur college inspired and empowered me.


           
The Gurus of Navapur College inspired and empowered me.

1) Meet My Guru Prof. J. D. Sali who is my college teacher. He is an M A, M Phil, and SET in English. Today I still remember his words, actions, and thoughts. He is very frank and friendly by nature. He is a good speaker of both languages; English and Marathi. Now he is the head of English department at Navapur College. He handles all activities of the department. He constantly reaches out to the students who are from the tribal area and helps them. His way of teaching is interactive and discussion based.

At Navapur college campus, he is called as the ‘Vidharthi Mitra’ (student’s friend). Today I recall an incident of his class when I was studying SYBA. At that time, he taught a poem, “ The Solitary Reaper”. Exactly he had created a poetic expression and his body language was such that the student from second language easily understood his language. At a time most of the students didn’t know how to speak English, but he kept encouraging them with his jolly nature. Even he personally kept meeting with them. I immensely miss his way of candid speaking and remember him for his extra efforts.
Once we all were together at the college ground, he approached there and began talking with us. At a time I promised him that I would become good speaker in English. That promise still pushes me to do extra effort in my daily routine. That day I spoke him because of his ideal thought.
I always call him on his number and have a word with him whenever I miss him and the memories of college. At this moment I feel that I will have to attend his lecture once again. So as I can create those memories which had been gone away. Apart from this, he once shared with me when I asked him that though he was a permanent faculty still he appeared for NET or SET examination. He replied logically that the people would take for granted about his hardworking easily. He further added that he learnt many things from those exams.
I came to know from others about his early struggle. Today that not only helps him but also inspires us for going extra miles. Most of the time, when we talk on mobile and he always asks me about my life and work. I keep promising to him that I will try to take the name of Navapur College and the teachers at the highest level. What I am today because of him and his contribution in shaping my career.
At last, to say that I run short of the words to tell about his goodness, but he is surely above that. On this teacher’s day, I wish him to have good life, health, and prosperity.
Long live sir and love you forever………………!



2) Prof. Bhaskarao. B. Kuwar

He is my ideal teacher. He is a teacher of psychology subject. He is a good and liberal by nature. Importantly I am impressed by his good qualities and these still inspire me.
He used to help the students and the people at that time. It was either financially or socially. He was easily mixed with others without any discrimination. He taught the students not only at the class but also outside. He was a teacher of love and emotion.

When he was doing the job at Navapur College, at that time his entire family was at Deola nearby Malegaon city. He lived by himself there on rent. He used to do his own work by himself instead of taking help from anybody.  His small room was full of the newspapers and the books. He every time offered a cup of tea to us whenever we had visited to his room.
Broadly speaking, I ever remember his convincing style and listening skill. He was seen in the college campus as a man of wisdom and insight. Many problems of the students were handled by him properly. Since his retirement, he is at his home and spending the days with the family. I some time call him on his mobile and ask him about his life and health. Recently I came to know that he was advised by a doctor to take complete rest.    
I always miss him and feel that he was like my father during the college days. I remembered one of the incidents of my life when I filled an application form of M.A English at HPT College, Nashik. At that time I was told by the college that I wouldn’t get the admission due to high merit. On that evening, I shared that with him. He immediately telephoned the principal of HPT College whom he knew him well. Then he called me at Navapur and handed the recommendation letter. Later on, I submitted it at HPT College and secured my admission. It happened due to his efforts. Still I have it in my heart. Really he is like a super hero to us who always stand for the students and the people of Navapur.
There are number of incidents in which he used to help the students for higher studies. Once I heard from his landlord that he used to receive a letter every day from his students. I was quite surprised that he never said to anyone about it with pride. Even he didn’t allow such pride into his nature. His only motive was that he should bring the smile on the student’s life. Simultaneously it showed that he was being loved dearly by the students. It was also seen that he used to keep himself simple, down-to-earth, and good listener.   
Recently he had operation but I didn’t get to know the exactly of which operation. Now the family is standing for and taking care of him. Over all he is a man of candid feeling and love. On this teacher’s day, I feel proud to say that I am his student. Wish him a good life and health. Still miss him and his every word………….
Long live sir and love you…..!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.