The only commitment counts!

                                      The only commitment counts!
            Once there was a meeting at my school. It was held after lunch. Consequently, I felt very sleepy and yawning. But I controlled it and paid attention to the meeting. It was conducted by the principal. 
                        At first, I thought that it was general. Slowly everybody was asked about the assignments and updates. One by one the teachers either put an excuse or asked for the extra time. But I made everyone shocked when my turn came and replied to the principal. It was about the magazine update. 
                            He questioned me when I would complete it and its deadline. I answered him politely that I would complete it by the first week of the next month. Further, he asked me what I would do if I had not completed it. I unresistingly stated that I would resign from my post without any argument or complaint. He became delighted to hear me. On the other hand, one of my colleagues who were very close to me became sad about that matter. Along with him, others also became shocked.
                           As soon as the meeting was over, I was approached by most of the teachers. They raised the doubt over my words of resignation if it was not done on the time. I justified my stand by saying that it was the only commitment counts in life. Nothing else was the matter.
                             That same evening, my friend who felt disheartened at the meeting, called me at night and shared his feeling. He told me that he had disliked the principal’s approach and felt sorry for me. At some extent, I also agreed with him. But I answered him that it was the commitment matters. Later on, he was a little bit convinced. 


- What else do you think matter at the workplace?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.