Not age and education matter, but commitment and passion.

 “Not age and education matter, but commitment and passion”.

Some time ago, I was supposed to meet a teacher at slum area, where the people lived either rented or own pucca house from every walk of life, reaching there at 7 o clock. On reaching, I parked my bike and waited for him. At a moment, I saw a man who was slender, frail, around 70 years old, thick speck and short. He had a cycle with three sacks full of coconut to sell in the area, which had very small and narrow lanes, shouting in Hindi styled selling on 10 rupees. Easily he got the customer in the morning. Some of them became his daily customers. Somehow he was seen to carry the load of his cycle. But he was looked passionate and committed. On asking him about why he had been doing that odd job despite old age. He shot at me that he had been doing that work since when he was a young man. Further, he would start it early morning at 6 o clock. I came to know that he sold those coconuts up to 1 o clock and afterwards he got back home. Later on, I just inquired about his daily earning. He amusingly answered me around 500 rupees daily. Again asking him on what he did in the evenings. I was ashamed of hearing his words. He said that he always went outside for selling uncooked Samosa and Kachori in the same slum area. He proudly shared that he earned 250 rupees from 5 to 8. It was his daily routine for sustaining his family and himself.  

After he's gone, I shocked that the old man earned approximately 23000 monthly. It was a competitive package and an equivalent to any government servant. I was supposed to meet the teacher but lost in thought over my qualification and monthly package during this hopeless lockdown. Within ten minutes, he taught me a lot. It was about passion, interest, abilities, commitment, skill and ready to do anything for living life. Instead of meeting that teacher,  I rushed towards home and engrossed over my educational skills by self –inquiry. Lastly, mind told me, 

“Not age and education matters, but commitment and passion” 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.