A traumatic journey

 

                                 A traumatic journey

                    After seeing a mobile ringing at 7, I looked at the number which was familiar and attended to it. I got the shocking news of curfew to start at 8. I winded up my home batch hurriedly and got up immediately. I left the place after informing the students ambiguously about the homework. I didn’t know what exactly I said. It was a pressure of police, rush on the road, reaching home and traffic on the way.

                     As soon as I kicked a bike, came on the road, saw traffic and heard the noise of horn. Somehow I found a way through the traffic jam having a two-wheeler. Still, I was halted by the wrong side bikers, yelled at them. But it seemed to me that there was stiff competition among everyone to rush home like Olympic for securing the first position. 

          Everywhere I noticed vehicles including two, three-wheeler, car and bus  as if sky covered with the dark clouds. It looked like a scene of volcanoes coming out of a mountain with roaring and noise. I, at that moment, sensed that my mind was playing lots of tricks with me while riding a bike. It was telling me perhaps a vehicle from behind or front side or any side hit me. So I became focused and kept my eagle eyes on the front. Somehow I was going successfully on the way, suddenly I heard a siren of an ambulance and offered side. But I was caught in the traffic within two minutes forcefully hearing the noise of varieties of horn from every side. It seemed to me self-torturing. As if I was being punished by the nature. Maybe I was the wrongdoer of the previous life.

                      At that time, I hit a lady biker and gave an expression of apology. She didn’t pay attention but saw her bike. Then she continued to ride the bike.

                  After some time, I came on the main road to my home and felt relieved. However, the traffic didn’t leave me being my close associate. I felt that I was tearing the traffic and going through it by taking several turns. At every junction on my way home, I faced a tough competition of riding a bike.

                    The road, which seemed to take 20 minutes, today was taking an hour to reach home. In the end, I, somehow struggling and finding ways, reached home. At that time, I took a sigh of a heave with feeling happy. The journey seemed to be traumatic to me going through lots of tension of something else such as traffic, noise, chaos, police and unknown accident, but not the Coronavirus.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.