Assessment system in the education sector

 

Assessment system

Last month, I applied for the post of principal despite inexperienced at one of the best schools in Surat. I was asked to do it by my friend as he had seen lots of creativity and innovative ideas in me. So, I thought of sharing ideas and planning with the school management.

               After a week, I got an interview call. Then, I planned out for the interview and decided to share my experience as a teacher and ideas with the school management. On the day of the interview, I reached before the time. On seeing many applicants, I became a little bit nervous, still had belief in my preparation and waited for my turn.

             After an hour, I was called in and offered a seat. As soon as one of the interviewers asked me to tell something about myself, I began my introduction. After some minute, he asked me whether I had experienced as a principal or vice-principal. I immediately responded to him that I was not experienced. But I explained what I had, and what would be important for the post before I left the cabin. He said that they were looking for an only experienced person. Further, he added that they didn’t value creativity or enthusiasm.

                         So I lost my temper while leaving the place. Because of it, I realised that they hadn’t gone through my profile carefully. Without a proper assessment of my profile, they called for the interview and wasted not my time but theirs too. If they looked for an only experienced person, they wouldn’t have called me for it.

I was surprised by the selection process and assessment. Later on, I found that nobody is interested in reading other’s profile carefully. Similarly, we teachers do it with the students.

Isn’t it serious for the education sector and society?

Why would we all allow experiencing a person instead of an enthusiastic and creative person?


Haridas Patil 

(Blogger, Educator and Trainer)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.