Delete the Ravana - an ego , but select love on this Dashera day!


               
 
               Delete the Ravana - an ego, but select love on this Dashera day!
On the day of Dashera festival, I was at the library for reading the newspapers and the magazines. At 12.30 I started returning home. While driving a bike, I realized that the mobile was ringing. I took out from the pocket and saw unknown number. At first my mind dived into guessing whose number or who the person would be. But I attended it at last. I heard some unknown voice greeting me. I also did it and asked for his introduction.
He introduced me that he knew my father. Because my father was brought up by the caller’s father. Even my father was at village while that man was talking with me. So he had something to say and shared with me the story of my father. I kept quiet while listening to him. He said that my father was very naughty during his childhood and didn’t like to go school. At that time caller’s father had bitten him number of time where my father was working. As his father had passed away and left him. Under the observation of the caller’s father, he grew up and came to Surat. Further he told me that I had to take care of and behave properly with him. I became furious when he told me it. Then lots of past incidents ran through my mind. I tried to fix it where I humiliated or disrespect my father while listening to that person. At a time I got shocked about his advice that I had to behave properly with the father. I lost in world of my thought deeply and slowed down the bike.
Slowly my mind concluded that the father was really a man of misunderstanding. At one point I stopped and started contemplating over my father’s behaviour. I was in rebellion mood and didn’t come to know of what had gone wrong. Literally I was not ready to accept it what that man said. By the time he put a plea and disconnected the conversation.
Later on, my mind began its job of collecting number of the incidents and throwing its dirt over others. However I didn’t see any positive side of that conversation due to ego. But I got realization of it creating hurdle between my father and me. At once I kept it aside and imagined of his expectations were expressed by that person. That was good for me to know it. After that my mind threw some questions to which I tried to answer.
1)     If I know the father’s wish, what will happen?
2)     How will my and father’s future be after fulfilling it?
3)     What positive life will take place between us, once I start understanding him?
In this way I killed the Ravana- the ego within me and celebrated the Vijayadashami. Right?
-        Did you also kill such Ravana on that day?
-        Are you surrounded by such feeling?
-        Any way out of the same situation?
Any thought?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.