Be a learner at first , then a teacher !




It is always confusion over who is a learner or teacher. Everybody likes to become the teacher in his own way. Then he teaches, advises, suggests, and scolds others. It happens in the Indian society, even people feel proud and satisfied after guiding or scolding others. That is a picture we see everywhere.
                  On the Guru Purnima day, I was scolded and inquired by my younger sister about something. Later on, my dad also did it and I was caught between two things. These were suggestions, scolding or learning for me. That day I had a call from my friend, who teaches communication skill at the college level, regarding wishing me on the Guru Purnima. I shared my dilemma with him and further said that I always got suggestions, scolding, and advice by the family members and others. But I liked to listen to them without losing temper. I tried to display my obedient nature, but often had the question of how much I had to listen to them. At that time he replied interestingly that being a good learner I had to get them. Then he explained that I had to listen not for replying, but understand them and their feeling.
                          Perhaps I am good learner, my family and others are the best teachers. That way I learnt a great lesson on that day. Afterward I offered thanks to my friend by telling that he was also my inspiring teacher. Be a learner at first , then a teacher.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.