A bus driver and his handling to the death.

            A bus driver and his handling to the death.
                               
                  Today, on 25/11/2019, Monday as usual I reached at bus stop to take a bus for Navasari.  Every day I used to go by the same bus. Before taking the bus, I bought ‘The Times of India’ newspaper. After some time the bus arrived on the platform. I had my seat near the driver facing the front glass of the bus. Easily I could see in the front along the driver’s activity. He was like my friend and familiar face to me. So I daily talked with him as soon as I had my place. On that day I had some communication with him on his routine. At same time I kept reading the newspaper and looking in the front.
                         As soon as he drove the bus on outskirt of city, he increased to speed it. That time he was driving it fast.  At that moment an auto –rickshaw was ahead of our bus; suddenly the driver took overtaking the autowala. But unexpectedly a woman who looked half sleep turned up there. I and the driver started shouting ‘move, -please move aside’ ohhhhhhhhh, please see ………’ But the driver who was in full rhythm and sharply took turn from her side. Still she was standing there. Closely he saved her and hardly there was three inch distance between the bus and her. On her left side was the auto-rickshaw. While he was saving her, I was totally fumbled and increased heartbeat. Suddenly I felt the death near in my eyes. Another passenger uttered loudly, ' Bach gayi bhai....' However the driver smartly spared her in last moment. Otherwise somebody could have crushed, but that driver having experience of 17 years used his awareness instantly and properly. 
                    As soon as we passed by that place, I quickly felt the presence of the death waiting for somebody. But he somehow brought her from the hand of the death. Then the driver, whose name was Kasim Vohara, said that it was not new happening to him, but every day he would meet such things and play with it. He was habituated with such sharp turn and incidents. He saved many by that skill. He was very rough in his driving even though such thing happened. As if nothing happened to him or others. I heard his life story and experience of overnight duty.
                                       However he was not moved as I was. I was shocked and also glad that he instead of trying to stop the bus, he quickly took a decision of sharp turn. That way he saved not only her but also others who were nearby. In this way he set an example of sharp mind, quick decision, thinking correctly, and stable mind.
                                         First time I closely observed and had feeling of the death. I looked horrible and even my heartbeat increased at great speed, but on the other hand the driver had no such feeling. That surprised me a lot. The day brought feeling of death before my eyes and could not be forgotten   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.