' I only know that I know nothing' not only the statement, but the attitude.......!


‘I only know that I know nothing’ 
not only the statement, but the attitude……..!
                  Today at our school induction programme, the speaker started a topic which I learnt it earlier. So my mind spit out a statement ‘I know it’ but next moment I remembered a great thinker’s statement- ‘I only know that I know nothing.’  Later on I automatically became attentive and focused. The flow of learning took place. Finally I learnt the importance of emptying the mind.
                              ‘I only know that I know nothing’ was stated by a great Greek thinker Socrates in the fifth century. This is not only statement but the attitude. It makes the difference in the life. It enables you free your mind. Otherwise ‘I know’ makes you preoccupied with so many points. At that time you don’t allow yourself to learn anything. So the statement is used by Socrates which leads you to learn anything. It enables you to empty your mind. That is the best aspect for you to learn. Further it leads you to be focused and attentive. That really matters when you keep such attitude of ‘I know that I don’t know’. What attitude we carry at work place or home? Isn’t it important?
                               As we know that empty mind leads a great learning. But most of us don’t know how to empty the mind. We carry lots of preoccupied concept and confusion with us. That’s why we miss a beauty and happiness of small things in daily routine. Automatically the mind creates its own content for us and we easily get trapped into it. It happens due to lack of emptying mind.
However we can try our best to get good life, career, and happiness by learning a trick of emptying the mind. The following tricks can be performed for emptying the mind everyday:
1)     Write three or four points in a page which our mind disturbs. Later on we can either burn or tear that page and throw it into a dustbin. Mentally we can feel relaxed and free.
2)     Sit quietly for five minutes and close your eyes. Then open your hands and bring all problems on your palms mentally. Slowly throw them backside like the bulldozer does. Definitely it prepares your mind to empty itself. This activity leads you feel free.
3)     Whenever you go out, at that time near your house you fix a place and you can throw all your problems and worries there by speaking loudly. This makes you release your preoccupied mind.
4)     You can take a glass of water and mentally imagine freeing your worries as well as tensions while emptying water into the gutter.  It can help you a lot to free the mind.
5)     As per your comfort, you can keep any type of activity which will enable you mentally free.
                         Once you enhance the learning of emptying the mind practically. Definitely your level of learning will be increased day by day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.