The parents' role for their kids.


                                    
                                     The parents’ role for their kids.
                 Sometime back, I was approached by two parents. They asked me to give tuitions to their kids. The two kids were studying in 2 and 3rd standards respectively. Initially, I was not ready but one of my friends, who also ran the classes at home, requested me to start it to have a good future. On agreeing, I asked these two students to report at 6 in the evening every day. On the first day, their parents came and had an informal talk with me. I advised them not to force them to study all the time. Further, I didn’t share the fees with them. Because my goal was to make their kids good learner and thinker.
                           The following day, they were on time. So I always began their studies with some questioning. These might be related to their learning style, interest and habits. Even I put questions before them what they had learnt that day and why. So they started thinking and guessing.  Further, they shared their class teaching with me frankly. Accordingly, I assigned them to work and had their orals. So there was very less writing work. It involved their thinking, sharing, communication, likes and dislikes. Every day it seemed to me that they enjoyed it. I intended to make it productive and creative. I viewed that they should keep learning how to think, what and why to learn the subjects.  
               Within a week, the mother of one student came with complaining. She told me that I had to give them the writing work and also check it. She raised a serious question at me how they would come to know about their children learning. I explained that it was rotten learning. It was not workable for the future too. So I requested her that she had to believe in me. But she was not ready to accept my view. Again she visited me and the same things she had reported me about writing task for their children. I somehow accepted her points.
                Slowly and gradually these students vanished in the following two days. I called their parents about their children absence. I kept waiting for them but they didn’t turn up at my home.
               At last, I concluded that the parents were habituated with writing task only. They were interested in checking the writing work at home. They didn’t like new learning styles like thinking, sharing, communication and listening skills. They liked to see their children’s performance in the total pages they had written and checked it.
                          It is always vital to the parents’ role for children and their future. If they keep such rotten learning for their children, will they learn the constructive and authentic way?
I think that parents should be trained. It influences the kids learning and career.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.