A Manthara attitude!


                                       A Manthara attitude!
             Last day of the past month, there was a meeting for the teachers called by the principal and the school trustees. It was called the monthly meeting.
            So, there was lots of discussion and pre-planning. Over there, every teacher was asked to give their introduction to the trustees. One by one the teacher did the self-introduction.
                        But I did it incorrectly. It was brought to my notice after the meeting. However, I didn’t acknowledge others when they discussed and didn’t accept it despite knowing it as an error.
                     After that meeting, there was again meeting with the principal and she raised it before the teachers. She was expecting that I would have come before all and accept it boldly. But I tried hiding it to myself. Though I knew it the error yet I was not ready to admit it.
                             As soon as it was come to end, again the teachers thronged at the staff room and discussed it. Still, I was trying to defend my statement as correct as possible. After some time, I considered over the incident and my mistake. I got the realization that I had missed a chance of learning by accepting it. But why was I not ready to do it? I noted down the following reasons for it. Later on, I became serious over my Manthara attitude and hiding the fake character. Ultimately, I had missed the chance of growing at the professional level. 
-        Kept good feeling about self.
-        Didn’t want the character to fall.
-        Had ego to show my knowledge.
-        Didn’t have the courage to accept it boldly.
-        Thought too much about self-image.
-        Didn’t keep broad mind to learn from it.
-        Feared of what others had to react at my mistake.
-        Had attitude making story and explaining unnecessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.