Sudden disappearance!


Some days ago, I and my friend decided to go to school for an interview. So we hired an auto rickshaw from the highway to the school. While going there, I saw plastic polythene in his pocket. It looked like a full pocket. I asked him what it was in his pocket. He told that he carried a soap to wash his face. I again questioned him why he carried it. He answered me that he had not liked unclean face. Further, he worried about a dust particle on the face. Otherwise, it would irritate him. He mentioned the above reasons for carrying it. 
                 As soon as we finished our discussion, we reached to that school. I had already instructed him about my good relationship with the school. So, I was going to recommend his name to the principal. On that basis, I brought him there. He also got my point.
                        We first reached the reception and reported her about our fix appointment with the principal madam. At that time, my friend went directly to the washroom to wash his face with soap. It was carried there purposefully. I took my place and had a glass of water offered by the lady peon. Within ten minutes, my friend came back to where I was sitting. I said to him,
“You are conscious of your face.”
He replied, “I am very interested in cleaning the face all the time.”
                          To pass my time there, I started browsing the school catalogue to see its achievements. After a while, the reception called me and informed that the madam was waiting for him at the principal’s cabin. So, I also informed my friend to be ready for the interview. Then I went to the principal’s cabin and took permission. I was asked many questions over my professional career. I correctly explained it and tried to convince her. It seemed to me that she was convinced. At a moment, I asked her about my friend’s subject and whether there was any vacancy. She at once replied positively to call him. After thanking her, I came out looking for him. But he was not there where he was supposed to be. I again looked here and there. It was in vain to search there. I was immediately reminded by his beauty consciousness. That’ why, I went to search at the washroom. I rushed there and started calling him by his name. There was not any response. Slowly I entered inside to see him, but he was not there. Even I checked all the toilets whether he was there. So, I got back at the reception side.
                           On seeing the reception, she was busy and didn’t notice me. So, I didn’t inquire at her about the friend. On the other side, the principal mam was waiting for him for the interview. I was worried about what to answer her about his sudden disappearance. After some time, the reception noticed me and my searching look. She called and informed me of having the friend’s message. She told that he had gone. I became not only surprised but also furious with him. I thought that he went away without any proper reason. Even he shouldn’t wait for me. Further, I asked myself why he went away immediately and whether anything happened to him. I was engrossed in my thought. But the reception broke it and told me that the mam was waiting for you and your friend. Somehow I walked slowly with thinking what to say and defend myself. So there was a question mark on my face.
                                 I went inside and excused first of all that he got an urgent call from his home. So he had gone away to the city. I knew it a lie, but there was not an option. The moment I left the office, thinking of him. I was disturbed and even didn’t have his mobile number. Hence, I didn’t call him. By that time, I secured a lift to reach the city and went home. Still, I thought of him where he had gone, whether he had been there to wash his face and locked from outside. These and other questions were running through my mind. At a moment, I prayed to God that he would be fine and safe.
                         The next morning, I met him at school and discussed the matter of his sudden disappearance. He replied,
                       “I went washing my face when you had gone inside and dropped the message at the reception, then left the campus.”
                      I was taken aback by his justification. But still, I doubted why he every time washed his face with soap.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.