An exam preparation


It was my first experience of exam preparation when I was pursuing post-graduation in English subject. So I used to sit at the college library all the time for reading. At a time, I only read the syllabus books and guides. But one of my college friends turned up there one day before the final exam. On seeing him with only a notebook pad, I amazed. I went near and asked him why he had not brought the textbooks as well as guides for reading. He replied that he had brought a notepad for writing. I thought that he was doing wrong preparation. Instead of reading the syllabus, he was there for writing practice. I felt he would face difficulties at the time of the exam.
During one month, I observed him fill up the notepads by writing. And I was doing the reading task carefully. After the exam, I thought that I would score good percentage. But I got less than the friend who used to practice writing at the library. He secured distinction and proved that he was right in his approach to exam preparation.
Later on, I met him and asked about his preparation. He told that he used to read the syllabus throughout the year. Then he kept writing practice before one month of the exam. During the writing time, he sharpened his skills in the following areas well.
-        Writing
-        Thinking
-        Imagination
-        Analytical
-        Reading
-        A sound confident
-        Belief
                
He secured because of the writing practice. Automatically I was convinced that the practise makes a man perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.