Word 'sorry' can do a miracle!


                         Word ‘sorry’ can do a miracle!
                    On Wednesday of this week, I showed the answer sheet to 7th B. One of the students showed me his answer sheet and asked me whether it was correct in one section of the questions. At a time I told him that it was wrong. Therefore I had given no marks.                                            Simultaneously, others were going through their answer sheets.
Again the same student approached and showed the same question which he corrected it by a ball pen. Then he demanded it to be given the mark. So I lost my temper and slapped him tightly. It was quickly happened due to a fit of anger. Further, I didn’t see his point whether it was corrected by him or somebody. I shouted at him madly and wildly.
                               I thought that it should not be accepted at all but I did it. So I felt regretting and bad later on. I asked myself whether I would have handled it carefully if I paid attention to the nitty-gritty of the incident. But I failed to do it.   
                             Then I thought that I must apologize to that student without any excuse or explanation. Maybe I won’t have the courage to accept it but I must go ahead in doing it authentically.
                       As soon as I came across that student at the water cooler, I apologized to him. But some miracle took place at that place. He said sorry to me. Further, he admitted his mistake of correction. It was authentically done by him. I was in deep thinking of his admission of the wrong part. We both smiled and parted away. Ultimate I got what I was looking for. That was honesty and authenticity.  
                       It was immensely important to learn from both sides. Then it can be workable for the society and nation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.