Conditional sentences.

 

Conditional sentences:- 

1)  Zero conditional sentence:-  It expresses facts and general truth.

Structure:- If+ simple present …….simple present

Ex-

       If you heat ice, it melts.

       If you don’t eat, you get hungry.

       If you do exercise, you become strong.

       If you read books, you enhance your knowledge.

2)  The first conditional: it expresses real and possibilities in the future.

Structure: If+simple present…… simple future

Example:

        If I get up early, I will go for a walk.

        If it rains, I will stay at home.

        If we work hard, we will become successful.

        If he studies hard, he will pass the exam.

        If I meet them, I will wish them.

        If you spend more money, you will not save it.

3)  Second conditional:- It expresses unreal and improbable situations.

Structure: If + simple past tense…….. would+infinitive

Example:-

         If I won the lottery, I would buy a house.

         If I were you, I would speak to her.

         If I played IPL, I would win the match.

         If I got up early, I would catch the train.

4)  The third conditional: it talks about unreal situations in the past.

Structure: If + past perfect………. Would have + past participle.

Example:-

              If I had won the match, I would have got the man of the match.

             If you had studied harder, you would have achieved good marks.

                     If I had seen the signal, I would have stopped my car.

           If they had donated money, they would have received an award.

          If we had maintained discipline, we would have seen something good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My teaching techniques for English language learners.

Class talk

Classroom instructions.